This is one of the most common questions we hear. These children are an often-overlooked population, as arthritis has long been considered a disease of the aging, not of children. But arthritis affects over 300,000 children in the United States.
Children and Arthritis, Inc. seeks to address the difficulties faced by the children suffering from rheumatic diseases, and the impact it has on families.
- Arthritis in children is always painful, sometimes crippling, and occasionally fatal.
- Children often suffer from both extreme pain and emotional isolation.
- Parents and siblings struggle understand the pain and to communicate with the child in an understanding way.
- Siblings often feel forgotten and act out.
- The divorce rate hovers at 75% for families dealing with a chronic illness.
- Medications can cost up to $200,000 year
- Parents are unsure which treatment options are best.
- School absences cause another layer of difficulty.
Please donate now to help these children and their families. Thank you.